The EagleVail Community Garden would like to thank the EagleVail Metro District for their generous support in allowing us to use the garden site.
2019 Garden Plots!
Corporate Gardeners – please use this online application.
All other gardeners – please use this online application.
It’s not too late to apply or renew! Please submit the Renewal Application and Money as soon as possible to secure your garden plot.
Welcome to Our Community Garden!
The Rocky Mountains of Colorado may not be the first place that comes to mind when you think about growing tomatoes, squash, or tender greens. But although the growing season at 7,600 feet above sea level is short, it’s very intense!
The residents of EagleVail, with the support of the EagleVail Metro District, created the community garden under the leadership of community organizers Cassie Pence and Keri Hayes in 2011. The first enthusiastic plot holders planted their gardens in the spring of 2012.
We invite you to come to the garden, wander among the beds, and enjoy seeing the diversity of edible plants. Have a picnic lunch in the green space beside the garden plots. Pick a few herbs from the spiral herb garden and some juicy berries from the community strawberry bed.
The Eagle Vail Community Garden is an organic garden where we grow healthy food, create beauty, nurture relationships among young and old, create educational opportunities, connect people to the environment and their food source, and foster a more sustainable community.
The vision of the EagleVail Community Garden is not only to provide a space for neighbors to grow their own food but also to create a space where community members gather. We envision the garden as a venue for education, where individuals, families, and children can gain practical information about how to grow vegetables and herbs at high altitude.
Plots, Bylaws & Rules
We Need You!
It takes a community to grow a community garden. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Sign up for a garden plot. Go to “Garden Plots” for more information.
- Come to our annual events: Summer Potluck in the Garden and Fall Chili Cookoff. Go to “Garden Events” for details.
- Participate in a garden workday, when we tackle projects like planting, weeding, painting, clean-up … whatever needs doing! Go to “Garden Events” to see if there are any workdays coming up.
- Give some time and effort to the communal areas of the garden. For details, go to “Garden Tasks” for details.
- Offer to teach a how-to workshop at the garden.
- Email us and ask us to sign you up to receive our “This Week in the Garden” e-blast.
- Make a tax-deductible financial or in-kind contribution to the garden.
If any of these opportunities appeal to you, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a Donation
Plot fees cover only a fraction of our operation costs. We need financial support from generous community members and local businesses to make our community garden a reality. If you wish to donate financially, send a check payable to Eagle Vail Community Garden to PO Box 2063, Avon, CO 81620 and we will send you a tax-deductible receipt. We also accept in-kind donations of tools, materials, and services. Here are some examples of what the garden needs:
- Compost and topsoil
- Mulch and wood chips for paths